For the most upto date information on benefits take a look at the governments website –

Benefits Calculators – You can use an independent, free and anonymous benefits calculator to check what you could be entitled to.

Calculators can show you:-

  • the benefits you could get
  • how much your benefit payments could be
  • how your benefits will be affected if you start work or increase your hours
  • how your benefits will be affected if your circumstances change – for example, if you have a child or move in with your partner

Check benefits and financial support you can get by following this link to

Benefits and Support if you care for someone

Benefits and financial support

Other support

Benefit and Support when someone dies
Benefits and financial support if you’re disabled or have a health condition

Benefits and financial support

Work-related and armed forces injuries

Help to find or stay in work

Other support

Benefits and Support if you are on low income

Help with housing

Help with heating

Help if you’re over state pension age

Other support

Benefits and Support for Families

Time off and pay when you have or adopt a child

Child Benefit

Support for separated families

Support for disabled children

Help with childcare costs

Other support

Benefits and Support if you are looking for Work

Benefits and financial support

Other support

Benefits and Support if you are temporarily unable to work

Advice Nottingham

Advice Nottingham (Nottingham, Broxtowe, Rushcliffe). Provides free, confidential and impartial advice on a range of issues, including benefits, debt, employment and housing. 0115 908 1523. Website – – Help for Households

Find more information on Energy Savings tips, Energy Bills, Household costs, Childcare costs, Income Support and Travel Costs. Website

Help with telephone and broadband costs

Social tariffs are cheaper broadband and phone packages for people claiming Universal Credit, Pension Credit and some other benefits. Some providers call them ‘essential’ or ‘basic’ broadband.

Website –

Reduce Water Bills

Bill Cap scheme – WaterSure.

The Bill Cap Scheme runs for 12 months.

To get help through WaterSure you must be a Severn Trent customer, have a water meter and receive eligible benefits. You, or someone in the household, must also have either:

  • three or more children under 19 living with you whom you are receiving child benefit for, or
  • a medical condition requiring the extra use of water

For more information go to Seven Trents Website –

Help with Fuel Costs

British Gas Energy Trust. For more information on saving money on fuel costs –

Energy Saving Trust – Useful information on Energy Savings – Website

LEAP – helps to support as many people as possible who are at risk of going into fuel poverty. Our service is open to all types of householders – homeowners, private renters and social housing tenants. Website –

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice – Information and advice on money, legal and consumer problems. Call – 0800 144 8848. 

Disability Grants

Disability Grants – information and advice in finding grants to help a person with a disability.

Your local council may also provide Disability Grants :- Find out more about Disabled Facilities Grants available in Nottinghamshire for adaptations to your home – Disabled Facilities Grant | Nottinghamshire County Council

Wills/Power of Attorney

Lasting power of attorney – Office of the Public Guardian. Information about Power of attorney. Call – 0300 456 0300. website –

Silvertime Legal – Estate planning is a vital component of ensuring the financial security and well-being of your loved ones after you’re no longer able to provide for them. Call:  0247 693 9940 email: Website –

Money and Pensions Service

Money & Pensions Service – Breathing Space is a debt respite scheme which can provide protection for people living in England and Wales who are in debt and receiving mental health crisis treatment. Find out how to submit an application through a healthcare professional or by yourself. Website – breathing Space | Money and Pensions Service ( Debt respite scheme (breathing space): Guidance on mental health crisis breathing space – GOV.UK (

Turn 2 Us

Turn2us – A UK wide charity that helps people in financial hardship to gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services. Call – 0808 802 2000. Website: